Monday 14 May 2012

Commission Exhibition: Photograph Captions

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry I want to accompany each of my images with a small piece of writing written by the owners of the dresses. I wanted them handwritten to create a personal touch as well as a bond between the audience and subject matter.

My nan's cocktail dress




My mum's wedding dress

My sister's prom dress

My christening dress
I am very pleased with the notes my family have written for me, they contain information about when the dress was bought, what it was bought for and what it means to the different people. I think having these pinned up on their original pieces of paper next to each image will look really effective and make the viewer look not only from a distance but also get up close to the subject and see the detail in each dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment