Wednesday 16 May 2012

Commission Exhibition: Scale Model with Images

After everyone in the group decided what sizes they would want their images printed I took the measurements and converted them to be proportional to the scale of the model I have made. I figuring out these to the ratio 1 metre : 1 inch which I proceeded to use to scale down the photographs with the scaled frames & mounts we each decided on, I then printed them out, cut them out.
I discussed & checked with the group members as to how they wanted to sequence their images and where they wanted them positioned within the space; after this I placed them in the different rooms which has helped us to visualise the space much more & have an idea of how the space would look for the exhibition.
 
 
 

We are all really pleased with the placing of all of our work and feel it works really well within the space; by having my work at the beginning and end of the venue this creates a nice flow through the exhibition. The rooms that we have positioned the different series of photographs in work well to create the right atmosphere for the subject matter in the images. The model has also helped us to understand how lighting would work within the space.
In our meeting today Ollie has been figuring out small details for the pitch such as prices, and Salvador has been finalising the poster as well as designing a program which we would hand out as a limited edition during the private viewing. Lily has also been finishing off the press release and making it look formal, while I have have been fine tuning our ideas for lighting and image positioning while also producing the powerpoint presentation for the pitch with the help of Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment