Tuesday 20 March 2012

Time Machine: Developed Concept 19/03

After explaining my ideas for my essay so far yesterday I was then given feedback:

  • My ideas were still quite vast and varied therefore Caroline discussed whether I should narrow down my themes; possibly only relationships between Nina and one or two other characters.
  • I need to write descriptions of the different Freudian I will be exploring in terms that relate to the film and the chosen relationships.
  • Caroline also discussed whether I should explore other applications of Freud's theories relating to other pieces of work or film to help with my analysis.
  • Use these examples of analysis by different people to help argue my point- points of view that both agree and disagree with my ideas to help me to discuss the work- possibly using other essays or tabloid reviews.
  • Use particular scenes which relate to the different relationships and help me to argue my point- be specific.
  • Caroline mentioned the idea of writing a rough draft of my introduction to focus my theme and work out what my main points are which I may do in the next week or so.
  • She also said that I should start to select screen grabs from scenes that I will be focussing on the most in my analysis.
  • I should put a synosis of the film in the appendix as well as links to main scenes in the film on youtube or other sites to help the reader to contextualise my analysis.   
  • I will continue to explore the different Freudian theories I plan to use to analyse the film including; oppression & regression and the sex & death drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment